The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child has drafted a 'concept note for a General Comment' on children’s rights in relation to the digital environment.
The Committee invites all interested parties to comment. Submissions are welcome on all aspects of the concept note, with a particular focus on the following:
- The purpose and scope of the General Comment;
- The structure of the General Comment;
- General measures of implementation by State parties needed to realise children’s rights in relation to the digital environment;
- Views on the issues and questions raised in the concept note; and
- Suggestions for new issues for inclusion in the General Comment.
In particular, the Committee welcomes relevant research evidence; knowledge of the sector; findings from consultations with children; examples of laws, policies or programmes; or evidence of good practice that would contribute to the drafting process.
Read this request in full: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CRC/Pages/GCChildrensRightsRelationDigitalEnvironment.aspx
The deadline for submissions is 15 May 2019.
The concept note is available here.