Early Support program primarily takes place in the child's home but also some activities are center based
From their website
Early Intervention program in Mali dom - Zagreb includes (re) habilitation procedures for children with visual impairments with or without additional disabilities, from birth to three years.
- Early support system should start as early as possible in order to provide timely help for parents and children.
- Quality and professional support encourages optimal development and prevents possible risks.
- Intervention must be a balanced and planned process in which rehabilitative procedures designed to improve the child's skills are applied along with the strategies to minimize the
- negative effects of disabilities on child's development.
After Interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary Assessment is conducted, child is involved in the Early Intervention program at Mali dom or referred to other programs depending on the needs of the child.
- Expert team provides a plan of support for the child and family and chooses the therapist who will be regularly visiting the family.
- Safe and relaxed family environment allows full implementation of education and rehabilitation procedures in the daily life of the child...
Read more in English or Croatian - http://www.malidom.hr/services/early-intervention/257