New recruitment round for the Early Years Fellowship
Amanda E. Devercelli writes:
I am very pleased to announce the launch of a new recruitment round for the Early Years Fellowship.
We graduated our first cohort of Fellows from 15 countries in Africa in June 2019 and are now expanding the program globally to more than 30 countries (see list below)
Countries and Eligibility
- Applicants will work in their home countries and must be between the ages of 25 and 40.
- We will be accepting applications for the following countries: Angola/Sao Tome & Principe, Brazil, Botswana/ Lesotho/Eswatini, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Egypt, El Salvador/ Honduras/ Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana/Liberia/Sierra Leone, Jordan/West Bank/Gaza, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique/ Seychelles/Mauritius/Comoros, Mali, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Congo/ Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Serbia/North Macedonia, Tunisia, Uganda.
Background on the Early Years Fellowship and Program Design
The Early Learning Partnership (ELP) launched the Early Years Fellowship in 2017 to support governments and World Bank teams to scale up investments in the early years with the following objectives:
- Improve the quality of ECD analytical work and project design and implementation by increasing the availability of experienced professionals to advise and support governments and World Bank teams;
- Build in-country capacity and reduce reliance on international technical assistance and ensure sustainable, contextually-specific and informed responses to scaling up ECD at country level; and,
- Develop the next generation of leaders to scale up investments in the early years and raise the profile of the ECD sub-sector as a viable and prestigious field of study and work.
Fellows spend 20 percent of their time enrolled in a professional development program designed to strengthen their technical skills in ECD and their understanding of World Bank operations. The remaining 80 percent of their time is dedicated to a country-specific work program to work across sectors to support ECD.
How to Apply
Recruitment is now open and the due date to submit an application is October 11th. The announcement is available here along with a video, FAQs and Terms of Reference for each country position.
The application form can be accessed here.
We look forward to receiving many applications. We regret we will not be able to answer questions via email or to speak by phone. We recommend all interested candidates to go to the website to read the information and FAQs.
Amanda E. Devercelli
Global Lead for Early Childhood Development
Program Manager for the Early Learning Partnership
T 202 458 4547