Amongst members would be some ... who are stuck and looking for ways to move forward
There is a massive challenge in joining support systems together around children and adults who have disabilities and special needs. Some need simultaneous support from two of these agencies or all three. Some also need joined-up support during transitions.
There is work to be done here by service providers and by universities and colleges:
- Service providers can work with each other to create effective multiagency and multidisciplinary interventions including referral, assessment, planning, support and review processes.
- Academics can work together across departments to create integrated elements in training courses and research projects. They can also work together to research the topic of integration.
- Academics and service providers can support each other.
I have been highlighting integration in my work over recent months and there is now a growing number of people who would welcome being part of an open network.
Membership would be open to people who work in public and voluntary agencies, academics, people in campaign groups, people in support groups and other interested people.
Amongst members would be some with experience of effective integrated working, some involved in current projects to develop integrated working and some who are stuck and looking for ways to move forward.
The initial aims of the network would be:
- to share information about effective systems and projects
- to share information about initiatives in colleges and universities
- to share relevant research and publications
- to promote academic interest in integration
- to share information internationally
- to help the network grow
- to develop the network into an effective tool
- to provide a place for service providers and academics to talk to each other
This would be an open network in which people can communicate with other members individually or with the whole membership. Each member should offer a short statement about themselves and their work.
Please e-mail me if you have questions or if you would like information about how to join the network.